ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erich K. Oliphant" <eri...@vantixnet.com>
Subject Problem executing files w/ sticky bit set
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:47:36 GMT
Hi,
Didn't know which list this belonged to, so I posted to both.

I am writing a custom task to compile Progress 4GL code on Solaris 8.  I kept getting these
weird IOException's, <executable path> not found.
First I thought I'd mistyped the path but a ls -l on a cut and paste of the executable path
confirmed that I was using the correct path.  Did a little more poking around and noticed
that the file in question has "-rwsr-xr-x" permissions and is owned by root.  Files in the
same directory w/ the normal "-rwsr-xr-x" perms work fine from my task.  I am running as the
"progress" user.  I can execute this program from the command line as the progress use w/
no problem.

I'm admittedly a little fuzzy on the use of the sticky bit and this may be a due to my lack
of UNIX godliness as opposed to an Ant issue but any input would be greatly welcomed.

Erich