ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Christen" <...@active.ch>
Subject AW: Ant PropertyFile Class
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:46:02 GMT
Hi,

In deed your question is a bit vague.

a) PropertyFile does not load properties and therefore does made them
available to ant.
b) The Task PropertyFile stores values in a format so they could be loaded
with anormal property task specifiying a file

To made properties available to a build you must set them in your build file
to the values you need. This includes also loading properties from a
property file with the same task 'Property'.

To modify properties stored in sutch a file and then reuse this modified
value in the next build, you can use PropertyFile

You mentioned 'Sub' builds. Keep in mind that you can start sub builds with
the task 'Ant'. These sub builds will inherit all properties from the build
starting the sub build. Even if you try to set a property in your sub build
witch has been defined in the 'Master' build already - the new value will be
ingnored and the property remains the same as it was in the master. The sam
is true for 'AntCall'.

Hope it has helped.

Regards
Thomas Christen