ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Visual SourceSafe task
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:48:59 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Coutts" <RonC@quadrus.com>
To: "'Ant Users List' (E-mail)" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:02 PM
Subject: Problem with Visual SourceSafe task

> Also, there seems to be an inconsistency between the VSS task, and VSS
> itself.  In my working scripts, I set 'SSDIR=\\private1\midas$', i.e. to
> the directory where the srcsafe.ini file is located.  However in the VSS
> task, the ssdir attribute is supposed to refer to the directory where
> the ss.exe file is located.  Is this correct, or a documentation typo?

This is correct (unfortunately).

ssdir was there first and worked well for people who had set up a single VSS
database with registry-entries pointing to it. Then came the need to
dynamically switch databases and we needed another attribute to do this (to
not introduce incompabilitites with older buildfiles).

Maybe something that should be changed in Ant 2.0 too.

Nico