ant-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Shadel <shade...@mtc.byu.edu>
Subject Re: Wrong sig for Ant 1.4?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:47:32 GMT
The signatures seem to be OK, but the GUI version says it's an invalid key.  If I understand
PGP's trust model right, this only means that the your key hasn't been signed by people I
explicitly trust.  So I think everything looks good.

- Tim

Timothy Shadel wrote:

> Please let me know when you've found a solution as well.
>
> - Tim

> Timothy,
>
> You got the same problem I got. Even better, you were using the GUI and PGP
> 7.0.2, and I was using the command line and PGP 6.5.8.
>
> Conor, I'm a little pressed for time right now to try and install GPG and
> check it out, but the sig should really work on both, shouldn't it? If you
> want to try and get it working on PGP as well, I'd be happy to be a guinea
> pig. If you want, send to my personal email at chris@ooc2000.com - I check
> that more than the any list.
>
> - Chris

OK, this is what I have found. I can verify the signature using gpg both
on Win32 and Linux. Conversely, PGP always indicates the signature is
bad. I tried many versions of the GUI version on Win32 and the command
line version on the jakarta.apache.org server. I'm not sure why this is.

Anyway I have just posted a new 1.4.1 Beta release here
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/jakarta-ant/release/v1.4.1b1/

I generated this on Linux rather than Win32. I have still used gpg to
sign the files but pgp on jakarta.apache.org seems a lot happier with
these. Can you check those files out and let me know.

Thanks
Conor