ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java task fails to open file
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:43:38 GMT
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, <debic@epiphany.com> wrote:

>    <arg line="..\..\..\..\EpiCenter\cleansql\EO.sql Epicenter_Oracle_postproc.sql
func_index"/>

would probably better be

  <arg file="..\..\..\..\EpiCenter\cleansql\EO.sql" />
  <arg value="Epicenter_Oracle_postproc.sql" />
  <arg value="func_index" />

(I don't know whether the last two would be file names as well).  That
way you can be sure that your first argument will be resolved as being
relative to your projects basedir (no matter what your current working
directory is).

> When I run the thing with java from the command line in the same
> directory, it works with no problems.

Run ant -verbose to see which command line it generates and try that
command.

> How do I debug the path issues in Ant in general, there seems to be
> a lot of confusion going on with multiple build files and different
> ${basedirs}.

A good first reading is <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/problems.html>.

Stefan