ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4, Solaris 2.8, cannot bootstrap
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:59:09 GMT
Hi Peter,

sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Peter Vogel <Peter.Vogel@e2open.com> wrote:

> Created dir: /home/pvogel/jakarta-ant-1.4/build/lib

and later

> build:
>      [copy] Copying 2 files to
>      /view/pvogel_Tools/tools/ant/build/classes

Is there a symlink somewhere?  We've changed a couple of files to not
use canonical paths any longer - from the above it seems that
/home/pvogel/jakarta-ant-1.4 and /view/pvogel_Tools/tools/ant are the
same.

> Property 'ant.home' not found

I've never seen that (and I never define ant.home when I bootstrap
Ant).  The only difference I see so far is that I run./bootstrap.sh
and that sh is a bash on all systems I have access to right now (only
Linux and FreeBSD ATM).

> java.io.IOException: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hmm, what could that mean?  The command it is trying to execute would
give execute permissions to /view/pvogel_Tools/tools/ant/dist/bin and
its parent directory - any permission problems with them (so that you
cannot run antRun itself?).

Stefan