ant-user mailing list archives

From Mikko Kurki-Suonio <max...@davisor.com>
Subject Re: How do I iterate thorugh a directory and subdirectories looking for build.xml scripts and execute them
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:25:25 GMT
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Murali Vemulapalli wrote:

This should be in the FAQ...

You're thinking make-like.

Try not to. Ant is not make.

> I have looked into ForEach custom task floating around the user
> group. But I wasn't sure how I can use it for this example.

That's the closest you can get to an answer, I'd say.

> How do I use it to get the parent directory for each iterated
> file.

You don't. Run a system command, or store the value in a property file or
write a custom task.

> Any suggestions, code examples are greatly appreciated.

You're not going to like this, but: If you want 100% make-like behaviour,
use make.

Ant is not "XML makefiles".

//Mikko