ant-user mailing list archives

From Krish_Srini...@i2.com
Subject Question on wildcard
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:32:32 GMT
Hi

I am in the process of converting one Imakefile to Ant. I have not been
able to convert the following line in that Imakefile to Ant:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gentests::

        @echo "$(JDK_ROOT)/bin/javac -classpath \"$(RELEASED_CLASS_PATH)\"
$(wildcard *.java)" > compile.cmd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This statement above basically creates a script that can in turn be used
to compile some java files. The directory in which this Imakefile is
present has some java filesthe number of which changes from time to time.
So this script, basically compiles all the java files in the given
directory together in one statement. The script 'command.cmd' generated
basically has space-seperated java files substituted for $(wildcard
*.java).

I have not been able to figure out how to create the equivalent of this in
Ant. Please let me know how to convert this.

Thanks

K.Srinivas

P.S: I attempted the following equivalent but it gives a colon-seperated
list of java files

<path id="java.path">

        <fileset dir="SampleTests">
        <include name="*.java"/>
        </fileset>

        </path>

        <property name="wildcard" refid="java.path">
        </property>

        <echo file="compile.cmd" message="javac -classpath
${RELEASED_CLASS_PATH} ${wildcard}"/>