ant-user mailing list archives

From Christine.W...@nurun.com
Subject RE: search for words in a file
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:53:55 GMT

Hi,

Where can I find 'optional perforce stuff' ?

                    Les Hughes

                    <leslie.hughes@       To:     "'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    rubus.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     RE: search for words in a file

                    10/18/2001

                    09:16 AM

                    Please respond

                    to ant-user

Hi,

You dont need to go as far as Lucene for simple searching. Ant already uses
Perl5 regex's from the Jakarta ORO package in some of its tasks to pattern
match (look at the optional perforce stuff for examples) - just pass a
regex
and a fileset into your task and let it do the scanning.

Les