ant-user mailing list archives

From v...@trilogy.com
Subject Re: Ant 1.4, IBM WebSphere ClassLoader , DB2 driver, UnsatisfiedLinkError
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:49:29 GMT
What seems to be happening is that the pure Java part of the DB2 driver is
being loaded in several classloader namespaces. However, the DB2 driver
also has a native JNI part in db2jdbc.dll and all such libraries can only
be loaded once in a JVM. A known issue with classloaders.

To work around this you can either try to get a pure Java  (type #...
forget it now) JDBC  driver or better yet ensure that the driver class is
loaded by the classloader that will be the parent of all classloaders that
load your logic. Try application classloader (-classpath) or even
extension classloader (use an extension directory), although the latter
can be tricky at times. You need to be familiar with how classloaders work
in general and in Websphere to accomplish this.

Which WAS version is this? The classloader architecture was changed in
v4.0.

Vlad.

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org