ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: FTP again
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:36:51 GMT
Hi Dhirendra,

Before trying the ant task you must make sure that FTP runs from the
command prompt using the same parameters that you are supplying to the ftp
task in ant build script. The ftp task is a kind of "wrapper" provided by
Ant for FTPing and will not work if conventional FTP does not work given
identical credentials in both cases.

Are you able to ftp to using conventional ftp program?
Kapil Singh Pawar
Consultant - Integration
i2 Technologies India Private Ltd.
1 Primrose Road
Bangalore 560 025, INDIA
Tel: +91 80 558 1487-90 ext. 2416

"Dhirendra Kulkarni" <>
10/10/01 10:54 AM
Please respond to ant-user

        To:     <>
        Subject:        FTP again

Hello all, Iam sorry to post this again as Iam still ot clear about this
task. my revised xml is as below

<target >
    <ftp server=""
    <fileset dir="." >
      <include name="aaa.doc"/>

i could login to ftp server, btw now iam getting error  :
C:\ant\jakarta-ant-1.3\build.xml:23: could not change remote directory:
Requested directory not found .

Here is name of my pc where argo ftp server is installed
in that i have created wtadmin user. but now iam not been able to connect
remote machine and transfer the file. (i tried giving the ip of remote
machine in ftp server user properties)

First of all can this be possible? ( to transfer files from one machine to
other machine both with NT  and in LAN )

eagarly waiting for the reply