ant-user mailing list archives

From Kapil_Pa...@i2.com
Subject Re: FTP
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:07:53 GMT
Hi Dhirendra,

I just installed the Argosoft FTP server from Argosoft. You need to do the
following after installation:
1. Create a user with a <user_id> and <password>
2. Define a home directory for the newly created user (say c:\temp)
3. Grant Read/Write/List/Delete privileges as per your security policy.
4. Now when you run conventional ftp using <user_id>/<password> you will
be automatically be taken to c:\temp. Now u just need to run the command
"get aaa.doc" etc. Again your virtual FTP root folder is now c:\temp, so
you cannot traverse a folder that does not belong to the c:\temp parent.
5. If this runs successfully you should try the ant task as (this is just
a part of your overall script):

    <ftp server="<machine_name>"
      remotedir="."
      userid="<user_id>"
      password="<password>"
      depends="yes"

In remotedir a dot (.) has been specified coz u have already specified
c:\temp to be the FTP virual root.

I guess it will work if you follow the above steps.

Thanks and Regards
_____________________________________
Kapil Singh Pawar
Consultant - Integration