ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Ayad" <ma...@ogilvy.net>
Subject RE: search for words in a file
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:15:23 GMT
Earlier this week I raised something on similar lines.
I wanted to use ant to process a file set using my own
class.

Getting started is easy:

I copied the src file Copy.java and renamed it to

MyCopy.java (changed the class name / constructor accordingly)

Also depending on 'where' you place this file you will need

to ammend the package defn at the top of the file.

when the task is called the execute() is called...just follow it

form there.

Next you will need to get the contents of the file and parse

it. If it plain text then it is easy .. indexOf...

Hope this helps.

I looking at buiding a simple search engine task using ant

to pass files for Lucene to process.

Regards

Mark