ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gary Keim" <gk...@bea.com>
Subject RE: error in finding weblogic.Home
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:31:04 GMT
The class weblogic.Home is used for determining the root of the WLS
installation without requiring the user to set a system property for that
purpose.  It only works if you leave the archive (weblogic.jar) in its
original location.

Our entity container-managed persistence needs to determine weblogic.home so
it can try to load 3rdparty implementations, like TopLink.

You should leave weblogic.jar were it belongs.  In general, you shouldn't
expect to be able to selectively move/remove pieces of an application suite
without trouble.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohit Sehgal [mailto:mohit_sehgal@fanniemae.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 11:18 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org; gkeim@bea.com
Subject: Re: error in finding weblogic.Home

The error I thought points to a weblogic.Home class and not an environment
variable.
Also from the fact that only weblogic.jar is causing the error I am unable
to understand why putting ' ant -Dweblogic.home="/weblogic6.1" ' would do
the trick.
Also why is it required only for entity beans and not for session beans.
Thanks
Mohit