ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject jikes and depend
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:52:58 GMT
Hi guys,

I am sure I am missing something really simple, butI thought that if I use
jikes If I change a java file A that has a subclass B, then on compiling B
would also be recompiled, even though it was not changed, but it's super
class was.

Is this correct?

Now, I realized that this is not happening.

My compile task looks like:
<!--	Compiles all source code found under the src.home directory.-->
<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
	<javac
		srcdir="${src.home}"
		destdir="${compile.to}\"
		debug="on"
		optimize="on"
		depend="true" >
		<classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
	</javac>
</target>

And I have also set in my properties file:
build.compiler=jikes
build.compiler.fulldepend=true

What should I do know to make depend work?

Thanks a lot.

Ylan Segal
--Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with your
Microsoft product