ant-user mailing list archives

From "Massa, Ray" <RMa...@ea.com>
Subject RE: VSSGet Problems
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:37:15 GMT
In Ant 1.4 you can specify the path to the SS.exe so you don't need put it
in the autoexec.bat.

e.g.

<vssget
	ssdir="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VSS\win32" />

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter.FLYNN@syntegra.com [mailto:Peter.FLYNN@syntegra.com]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 2:12 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: VSSGet Problems

Hi Dan,

I've seen exactly the same thing on opne of our machines here.

In your environment, when you added the path to SS.EXE, did you place it in
quotes?  We found that if you place quotes around the path to SS.EXE, the
java process will not work.

both
PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VSS\win32;{rest of path}
and
PATH="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VSS\win32";{rest of path}

work when using SS.EXE on the command line, but only the top one will work
within the VSSGET task.
I don't exactly know why, but we had the same problem on Friday and that's
how we solved it.

Regards,
Peter

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or
disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com