ant-user mailing list archives

From "Arun Batchu" <arun_bat...@terago.com>
Subject RE: Book on Ant
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:42:41 GMT
Having read the paper, we have implemented a build process that builds every
15 minutes.
This works very well for us. We integrate all the time. This coaxes us to
keep our changes short, refactor now rather than later. Ant is
indispensable. We use the amazing IDE from www.intellij.com that integrates
IDEA. We have an automated build process running on Linux using shell
scripts and cron jobs that invokes Ant tasks.

Ant is really Another Neat Tool.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herry Koh [mailto:herrykoh@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:47 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org; 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Book on Ant

I totally agree that Ant can be a very powerful tool in helping
companies and developers develop better designs, version control
and build process. I have seen a very good article on that as well at

http://www.thoughtworks.com/cl_library.html

the paper on Continuous Integration which includes a very
interesting chapter on using Ant together with CVS and JUnit as
the company's build process.

I would believe that any books on Ant should include some
recommendations on the integration of Ant with project
development and management.

Just some thoughts....

Cheers,
Herry.

On 3 Oct 2001, at 12:46, Bhadra, Jatin wrote:

> I think it is a very good idea to have a chapter that gives suggestions on
> designing projects and build process. I think as Java forces developers to
> write good code. ANT should forces developers to have better project
design,
> version control of releases and build process.
>
> Basically the idea is that build should be automated end to end, From
> extraction from version control to deployment on application server or any
> target.

confidential information.  If you
 are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute,
disseminate or take any a
ction in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please
reply and tell us and t
hen delete it.  Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot
guarantee the security o
f any data outside our own computer systems.

> Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable
terms and conditions and m
ust not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the
United Kingdom.

> Legal & General Marketing Group, members of which are regulated by the
Personal Investment Author
ity and IMRO in the conduct of Investment business.
> Legal & General Group PLC, Temple Court, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London,
EC4N 4TP.