ant-user mailing list archives

From Judy Sowell <jsow...@avolent.com>
Subject Testing for dependencies between packages
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:40:44 GMT
Can someone point me to documentation or an example for doing the following?

My team has a test harness and then several separate release or build areas
which depend on the packages in the test harness. The structure looks
something like this:

Tools/source/build.xml   which builds the test harness structure classes
QA/Rel4.0/build.xml     which builds the tests for 4.0
QA/Rel5.0/build.xml     which builds the tests for 5.0

The Tools area doesn't change very often, which is why I didn't include its
build in the QA areas. However, when someone does a p4 sync and build from
one of the QA areas, it would be nice to detect any changes under Tools. Any
clues appreciated.