ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject Ant 1.4 -- javac task
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:48:50 GMT
Has anyone experienced this problem?  I need to extend the memory size
parameter for the javac task.  The command line syntax for this would
normally look like:

javac -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx512m Foo.java

The only way you can make these changes is within Ant 1.4 and higher.  So,
in looking at the docs I made the following modifications to my target task:

    <javac srcdir="${lms.src};${lms.beans}"
           destdir="${lms.build}"
           excludesfile="${lms.excludesfile}"
           optimize="off"
           deprecation="off"
           depend="false"
           failonerror="no"
           classpath="${lms.classpath}"
           memoryInitialSize="64m"
           memoryMaximumSize="512m">
    </javac>

However, now I'm getting the following error:

classes:
     [echo] --(DT)--> Compiling class files
    [javac] Compiling 618 source files to /vobs/lms/build
    [javac] -J-Xmx512m is an invalid option or argument.
    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    [javac]
    [javac] where <options> includes:
    [javac]   -g                     Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source} Generate only some debugging info
    [javac]   -O                     Optimize; may hinder debugging or
enlarge class files
    [javac]   -nowarn                Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose               Output messages about what the compiler
is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation           Output source locations where
deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath <path>      Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -sourcepath <path>     Specify where to find input source
files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath <path>  Override location of bootstrap class
files
    [javac]   -extdirs <dirs>        Override location of installed
extensions
    [javac]   -d <directory>         Specify where to place generated class
files
    [javac]   -encoding <encoding>   Specify character encoding used by
source files
    [javac]   -target <release>      Generate class files for specific VM
version
    [javac] Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get around this?