ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sills, David" <>
Subject RE: ejbjar and issues with class loading?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:21:26 GMT
The only way I got that to work correctly is to build the EJBs (and all
their supporting classes, of course) to an isolated build area (the
compiler, of course, does most of the work itself) and then jar that build
area. Then ejbc stops complaining, because all the files it needs are right
there in the jar (or perhaps in a supporting jar pointed to in the manifest,
but I've not yet seen a solution to the ejbc manifest problem) and you don't
have to have anything on its classpath. This is, after all, in the spec.
Better solutions?

David Sills

-----Original Message-----
From: McVeigh, Ryan []
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 9:29 PM
Subject: ejbjar and issues with class loading?

Background info:  Ant 1.4.1, WL 6.0 SP2.

I've got an <ejbjar ... /> tag built and I'm seeing a lot of warnings from
my classes that say something similar to:

   [ejbjar] Could not fully load class someClassName for super class check

I see in the source for ejbjar (the file) that
this is a NoClassDefFoundError being thrown, which doesn't make sense to me.

Here's what my target looks like (I've got a single deployment descriptor
file, and need to create a jar with all my EJBs inside)

	<target name="ejbjar">
		<echo message="classpath ==
${build.destdir};../lib/bea-weblogic/weblogicClient.jar" />
		<ejbjar srcdir="${build.destdir}"

			<weblogic destdir="${jar.out}"
				compiler="jikes -nowarn"

			<dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Enterprise JavaBeans 1.1//EN" location="./WebLogic/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd"/>
			<dtd publicId="-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD WebLogic
5.1.0 EJB//EN" location="./WebLogic/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd"/>

			<exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml"/>

Second issue, same email - I'm also getting the complaint from ejbc about
home and remote interfaces from a bean being in the system classpath.
Clearly that has something to do with the classpath and wlclasspath
attributes to the weblogic element.  My build.destdir property is the entire
output of all of my built classes.  How might I specify these things so that
ejbc doesn't complain about seeing the generated classes in the classpath?
I'd really like to be able to make an ejbjar work without warnings.

View raw message