ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sills, David" <David.Si...@commerceone.com>
Subject RE: How to manage without rules
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:26:54 GMT

David Sills

-----Original Message-----
From: WATKINS, Andy, FM [mailto:Andy.WATKINS@rbos.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 12:44 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: How to manage without rules

In make you have rules, not so in ant

I have a target as follows

  <target name="project1_test" depends="">
    <junit printsummary="no" haltonfailure="yes" fork="yes" timeout="60000">
      <jvmarg value="-Dlog.dir=project1" />

      <classpath>
        <path refid="localclasses"/>
        <path refid="classpath"/>
      </classpath>

      <formatter usefile="false" type="plain" />

      <batchtest fork="yes">
        <fileset dir="${rbsfm}/project1/classes"
includes="**/*$$Test.class" />
      </batchtest>
    </junit>
    <echo message="Common tests completed OK" />
  </target>

The problem is that I have 10 different projects, that all need this
sort of target, but with different directories.

In make, I would have a target called "*.test" and use $@ to pull out the
value

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com