ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Perevalov" <ppereva...@cyber-asp.com>
Subject RE: How to access the current project from javascript ?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:14:13 GMT
Try this:

<target name="doSomething">
    project = doSomething.getProject();
    fail = project.createTask("fail");
    fail.setMessage("Error.");
    fail.execute();
  ]]></script>
</target>

Paul Perevalov
Bridium

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Kohler [mailto:kohler@cms.tecmath.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 5:21 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How to access the current project from javascript ?

Hi,

I know,but this is not what I wanted.
What I want is to write scripts that can be reused within different
projects.

This doesn't work when I specify the project name.

The only way it could work is to make  a new project for the scripts and
then call the
scripts explicitly. This solution doesn't feel naturally to me and as far as
I understand it would not allow me to set values within the script.

I anyway do not understand, why I have to specify the projectname within the
scripts just to get the value of some property. Can someone enligthen me
what the advantage of this design
decision is ?

Thanks,
Markus