ant-user mailing list archives

From Luc Heinrich <...@tincell.com>
Subject Problem using ant 1.4 under the latest OSX 10.1
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:20:39 GMT
Hi,

I have just upgraded my OSX box to the latest 10.1 version and my ant
projects now don't compile anymore. I got this message at the first
<javac> task:

/path/to/my/project/build.xml:57: /Users/luc/Library/Java/Extensions not
found.

I have managed to track the issue down to a certain point: the problem
seems to only occur when using jikes. Invoking ant with the -verbose
option gives me this nice exception stack trace:

         at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet.getDirectoryScanner(FileSet.java:260)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.types.Path.list(Path.java:303)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.types.Path.toString(Path.java:325)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.Commandline$Argument.setPath(Commandline.java:138)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.Jikes.execute(Jikes.java:133)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:530)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:182)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:256)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:182)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:560)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:153)

A look at the ant sourcecode shows that the problem occurs when ant
builds the jikes command line. The 'java.ext.dirs' property seems to
contain directories which do not exist
(/Users/luc/Library/Java/Extensions). Creating an empty folder at the
requested location leads to the same error but with another folder
(/Network/Library/Java/Extensions).

What I don't know is if this is an ant bug, or an Apple bug, or simple
configuration error... :-)
Thanks for your help.

PS: please note that I did not make a clean install, it was an upgrade
over a 10.0.4, so there might be some legacy turds here and there.

--
Luc - luc@tincell.com
"The consuption of alcohol may make you think you have mystical Kung Fu