ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <>
Subject RE: SourceOffSite and Ant VSS Tasks
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:22:13 GMT

Thanks for the link. I'll give Jesse's SOS task a try as soon as we get
our new development nodes racked and loaded up with Ant and other
essentials. Thanks also to Shawn Stewart, who suggested calling <exec/>
on SOS directly in a reply to my post that he sent yesterday.
Originally, I was thinking I would need to wrap the SOS command in a
shell script which would have added an extraneous and unessecary level
of abstaction to the process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 6:50 AM
Subject: Re: SourceOffSite and Ant VSS Tasks

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Matt Lyon <> wrote:

> We use shell scripts that wrap SourceOffSite functionality to get
> source code from VSS to our Unix development nodes. Does anyone have
> any experience with getting Ant's Optional VSS Tasks to play nice
> with SoS?

I haven't looked into it yet, but somebody posted an SOS task to
ant-dev around the time we've been preparing for Ant 1.4.1, let me see

As I don't use SOS myself, I cannot comment on it - but feedback is
always welcome, especially since a happy user would support Jesse
Stockall who wants to see these tasks added to Ant ;-)

View raw message