ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Lyon" <m...@stargus.com>
Subject Enabling javac debugging from the command line
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:57:30 GMT
Hi,

Is there a way to enable javac debugging from the command line when
running ant without having to establish a property value? I was thinking
maybe of something like:

ant -Dturn on debugging for javac tasks in my buildfile with some fancy
argument here

Otherwise, I guess I can set a property value that can be toggled from a
command line or established in an external property file and put a debug
parameter in each <javac> task that looks for this value. Something
like:

user.properties:

javac.debug=on

build.xml:
    <javac srcdir="${src}"
           destdir="${build.output.classes.dir}"
           includes="com/foo"
           optimize="on"
           debug="${javac.debug}"
           classpath="${cp}"/>

Any insight into command line trickery would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt