ant-user mailing list archives

From "Azariah Jeyakumar" <>
Subject unsubscribe related problem
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:32:26 GMT

I had earlier faced a problem with unsubscribing with another list which I
will describe here. Some people may have a similar problem and someone else
may have a solution.

There are two ways to subscribe to a list:

1. subscribe
2. subscribe <email address>

(1) will subscribe self and (2) will subscribe another email address. I used
(2) to subscribe the email address Because if I had
used (1), I would have been subscribed as
Because even though I use the email address in my
email client, the mail server/relay in our company will rewrite the address
as before the email goes out.

In this scenario, I could not unsubscribe
automatically. There is no way to "unsubscribe another email address" like
(2) above. All my unsubscribe requests resulted in "cannot unsubscribe because it is not in the list". So, this
had to involve manually unsubscribing with the help of the list moderator.

Since this happened, I have only been using my full email address to
subscribe to any list.

Shyam, if this is the problem you are facing, write a mail to the list
moderator directly and stop spamming us.

View raw message