ant-user mailing list archives

From "Azariah Jeyakumar" <azariah.jeyaku...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject unsubscribe related problem
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 18:32:26 GMT
Hi,

I had earlier faced a problem with unsubscribing with another list which I
will describe here. Some people may have a similar problem and someone else
may have a solution.

There are two ways to subscribe to a list:

1. subscribe
2. subscribe <email address>

(1) will subscribe self and (2) will subscribe another email address. I used
(2) to subscribe the email address azariah@tumbleweed.com. Because if I had
used (1), I would have been subscribed as azariah.jeyakumar@tumbleweed.com.
Because even though I use the email address azariah@tumbleweed.com in my
email client, the mail server/relay in our company will rewrite the address
as azariah.jeyakumar@tumbleweed.com before the email goes out.

automatically. There is no way to "unsubscribe another email address" like
(2) above. All my unsubscribe requests resulted in "cannot unsubscribe
azariah.jeyakumar@tumbleweed.com because it is not in the list". So, this
had to involve manually unsubscribing with the help of the list moderator.

Since this happened, I have only been using my full email address to
subscribe to any list.

Shyam, if this is the problem you are facing, write a mail to the list
moderator directly and stop spamming us.

Thanks
Azariah