ant-user mailing list archives

From Daisy Guo <Daisy....@everypath.com>
Subject CVS and Ant Compiling
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:32:05 GMT
I'm have a cvs checkout + ant timestamp based compiling problem.  The
situation is like this:

1. A checked out code from cvs
2. B checked in changes after A's checkout
3. A build locally, so all A's classes have timestamps that are more recent
than the new code revision in cvs
4. A update his local copy and build again -- ant won't re-compile anything,
even though cvs updated the local code, because the updated code has a
timestamp of the checkin time instead of the update time.

My current solution is to delete the class directory before compile, but
this forces ant to re-compile everything, is there any way to avoid this?

Daisy Guo
www.everypath.com <http://www.everypath.com/>
Everypath, Your Business Everywhere!