ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shriver, Ryan" <Ryan.Shri...@whitlockebs.com>
Subject Labeling Source in PVCS
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:04:07 GMT
Hello,
I've got a question regarding features in the optional PVCS task. I've
searched the archives and had some success locating information. Before I
attempt to implement this tasks myself I thought I'd ask to see if anyone
else was working on it.

The current PVCS tag will do most of what we need but there is one thing it
doesn't do. We need to be able to label source in PVCS with the version
number. This requires issuing the command:

vcs -vVERSION_NUMBER @LIST_FILE

where VERSION_NUMBER is supplied at build-time and LIST_FILE is the file
produced from the PCLI lvf... command.

Is there any plan to add this feature to the PVCS task? If not, I can
attempt to add it myself but I didn't want to spend time if someone else was
already implementing it. Please provide feedback if you can and thanks in
advance.

-ryan