ant-user mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Identify which classes were created from a Java task?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:10:56 GMT

Hi,

I think I'd start with my SCM, identifying submitted changes from the
release label instead of basing it on source files on a filesystem. You
could then perhaps feed this list of changed files into the depend task
maybe to see what needs to be incrementally built. This whole area for "what
changed - what should I rebuild" has been debated a number of times and I'm
not sure if we came up with a good solution in the end

What you're getting at (IMHO) should be part of your release strategy - how
do you roll patches at present outside of Ant?

Bye,

Les