ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Dynamic Filesets?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 02:09:21 GMT

Here is my problem (and the problem context):

I'm using a whole bunch of XSLT to build a web site - Ant with it's style
task is working beautifully to pump everything through quickly, in the
right order, followed by using the ftp task to upload it.

One of my stylesheets creates a photo gallery of XHTML pages.

<proud father mode>
(look at http://www.geocities.com/arps_family/cameron/index.html for sample
output).
</proud father mode>

The current version of this stylesheet includes ALL photos - I want to
change it to only include (say) the most recent twelve photo collections.
To go along with this, I only want to copy the correct photos to the output
directory, so I'm not loading my server space with unreachable photos.

My XSLT can easily dump a list of the photos to copy over - this is working
already.

My problem is this: How can I pick up the file(s) containing lists of
pictures to copy?

The includesfile attribute of fileset only takes a single name so it
doesn't seem to do what I need.

Some more background: The style task I'm using to generate the gallery uses
a fileset to locate all *_gallery.xsl files and applies the stylesheet to
all these files. This has kept my build.xml file quite generic - in
particular, I added a second gallery to my website without having to change it.

I could hard code some filesets in build.xml, one for each gallery, but it
would be much more useful to come up with something generic.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).