ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject RE: start tomcat in ant
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 00:55:50 GMT
At 20:18 8/10/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>These three methods of starting tomcat work for me, but every single one
>causes ant to block while tomcat is running.  I am trying to get ant to
>start tomcat, and continue running.

Ant won't start a process and abandon it - a search of the mailing list
archives should have brought this discussion up.

You may be able to use the "parallel" task (introduced in v1.4) to run the
server in one thread while another interrogates it, however.

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).