ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject RE: Book on Ant
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 19:30:09 GMT
At 22:46 5/10/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>I would believe that any books on Ant should include some
>recommendations on the integration of Ant with project
>development and management.

Agreed - but don't limit the books discussion soley to Java development.

I'm using Ant here at work to automate builds for Delphi applications and
it all works a treat.

Ant's "smart" behaviour is one of the things that has enabled me to reduce
build times markedly - from just over 3.5 hours when using NT 4 scripts
down to under 10 minutes.

I've put all the logic for a Delphi application build into a Task that I
invoke with AntCall - I probably should implement a Task to do this cleaner
and faster, but I kinda don't want to mess with a system that works!

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).