ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Interesting cvspass behavior
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:20:15 GMT
At 01:33 PM 10/30/2001 -0800, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
>Now I need to figure out why the cvslogin task is not logging me in, but
>that is, I suspect, not as big a surprise.

The behavior is interesting.  If I do not specify a passfile, then CVSPASS
adds entries to C:\Documents and Settings\Scott Ellsworth\.cvspass, as I
would expect.

The cvs task, though, does not pick up the password from that file.  This
may be because I am using 1.1.10, rather than the more recent
1.1.12a.  (ftp.cvshome.org seems to be down, or I would try the upgrade.)

If I specify passfile="./cvspass", then everything works quite happily.

It is likely better to have the passfile be local to the build anyway, but
thought it an interesting note, and something to watch out for if you are
so unfortunate as to be working on Windows.

Thanks again to the several people who have pointed out the extra space in
my earlier build.xml file.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott@alodar.com