ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Can Depend task use includes? It appears so!
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 00:00:50 GMT
Howdy, all.

Earlier today, I was opining that my various build problems might get
easier if the depend task understood the same includes and excludes
directives of javac.  I must presume I had a typo when I tried it before,
because it certainly works now.  Using the 1.4.1b1 milestone build, I can
build from within my directory without file copying.

This indicates that ANT, or more likely, javac, is grokking jars correctly,
and that only the lack of includes/excludes was making it appear incorrect
before.

I was misled by the output of -v; "BlogUser.java added because Blorg.class
out of date or not found".  Now that I see that it was only looking at
Blorg.class because the include/exclude was wrong, I can see why that
message came up, but it did confuse me for a bit.

I do note that the depend page does not indicate that it understands
includes and excludes, which might be a good patch to the docs.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott@alodar.com