ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject RE: Book on Ant
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:08:37 GMT
At 12:46 PM 10/3/2001 +0100, Bhadra, Jatin wrote:
>I think it is a very good idea to have a chapter that gives suggestions on
>designing projects and build process.

As part of this, make people aware of the differences they might run into
between platforms.  Especially if you are the first to try pulling an open
source creation onto your favorite platform, it is really nice to have some
of the details written out.

Since I just suffered through setting it up on Windows and on MacOS X, and
got bitten by the difference between shell and environment variables, I
would have found this particularly nice.

My particular problem is now in the install hints, but it might be worth
trying to set up a typical ANT project with "new eyes" on several
platforms, just to see where hangups might lie.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott@alodar.com