ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <>
Subject RE: using properties files
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 07:05:28 GMT
At 08:01 PM 03/10/01, you wrote:
>If I had this:
>mypath=c:\program files\some thing\hello
>it wouldn't work...
>I needed to escape the slashes and all works fine...
>i.e. mypath=c:\\program files\\some thing\\hello

That's a windows thing... I've got into the habit of writing all the
directory slashes the other way round - not standard windows, but avoids
the problems you mention. (Note that it works in java code, but not in

Cleaner would be (where possible) to use File.separator, but that's not
always an option.

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360
           I have a twin brother;