ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject Re: getting package names of .java files from Ant
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:10:52 GMT
At 07:18 PM 02/10/01, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to get a list of all the packages in .java files
>'automagically' from within Ant?
>It looks like <javadoc> task needs a comma-separated lsit of packages and
>I'd hate to have to hack something that parses packages out of .java files
>if this is something that can already be accomplished by using a built-in
>Ant feature.
>
>How do people normally create javadocs from within Ant?
>How do they get that comma-separated list?
>
>     <target name="javadocs" depends="compile">
>         <javadoc
>          sourcepath="${build.src}"
>          packagenames="${packages}"
>          destdir="${build.javadocs}"
>             <classpath refid="classpath"/>
>         </javadoc>
>     </target>

${src} points to the root directory of all my source files, which are of
course in subdirectories laid out according to their packages.

<javadoc
         sourcepath="${src}"
         packagenames="msl.*, sinfo.*"
        destdir="${doc}"
        package="true"
        author="true"
        version="true"
        use="true"
        windowtitle="Sinfo API"
        bottom="&lt;center>Copyright &#169; 2001 ${TODAY}. yadda
yadda&lt;/center>">
       <group  title="Info Packages" packages="msl.*, sinfo.*" />
</javadoc>

HTH,
Jim

--