ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cheesman <jch...@msl.es>
Subject Re: Book on Ant
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:07:15 GMT
At 07:45 PM 02/10/01, you wrote:

>Would the book be available free online?   Should be!

Optimistically I'll agree with this ;)

>Topics for must-have:
>  - installation  (the jars to download).
>  - property uses, file set uses.
>  - example build files
>  - build file architectures
>  - ejb tasks
>  - custom ant task development

I'd add:
Something a bit more abstract / less ant-specific about the build process,
designing projects so that they can be built/managed easily. (For example,
most of us on the list *know* that source and classes should be seperate,
and that you build to a seperate directory: a fair number of the people I
work with don't bother with this... and run into all sorts of problems as a
result.)

A small chapter on make (as a comparison to ant) would be nice, too.

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: