ant-user mailing list archives

From "Herry Koh" <herry...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Book on Ant
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:46:35 GMT
I totally agree that Ant can be a very powerful tool in helping
companies and developers develop better designs, version control
and build process. I have seen a very good article on that as well at

http://www.thoughtworks.com/cl_library.html

the paper on Continuous Integration which includes a very
interesting chapter on using Ant together with CVS and JUnit as
the company's build process.

I would believe that any books on Ant should include some
recommendations on the integration of Ant with project
development and management.

Just some thoughts....

Cheers,
Herry.

On 3 Oct 2001, at 12:46, Bhadra, Jatin wrote:

> I think it is a very good idea to have a chapter that gives suggestions on
> designing projects and build process. I think as Java forces developers to
> write good code. ANT should forces developers to have better project design,
> version control of releases and build process.
>
> Basically the idea is that build should be automated end to end, From
> extraction from version control to deployment on application server or any
> target.

 If you
 are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate or take
any a
ction in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please reply and tell
us and t
hen delete it.  Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot guarantee the security
f any data outside our own computer systems.

> Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and conditions
and m
ust not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom.

> Legal & General Marketing Group, members of which are regulated by the Personal Investment
Author
ity and IMRO in the conduct of Investment business.