ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Can't get <exec> to work
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:59:35 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I just promoted this to a FAQ at jGuru (it takes an hour or so for it to
> appear as an FAQ), but here's a link to the forum entry:
>
>     http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=503205
>
> (answer a few entries down)
>
>     Erik

Is that this one?

 > To <exec> a command on Windows, you must execute the command shell
followed by the command you want. For example:

 > <exec executable="cmd">
 > <arg line="/c cls"/>
 > </exec>
 >
 > The '/c' is there to exit the spawned command shell after executing
the specified command.

It is not quite true. You can execute most commands without executing a
command shell. The cases where that is not true is where you are trying
to execute a command.com builtin. Also the example above probably won't
work - I don't have NT running anymore, but I am pretty sure the above
won't clear the screen, presumably because it is actually clearing a
different shell.

Conor