ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Michali <...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone have this working?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:47:25 GMT

Jason Rogers wrote:

> If you keep the classes directory around instead of deleting them, a simple
> cvs update and then javac should do the trick.  the javac task will tell
> whether or not the file needs to be recompiled.
>
> Another route would be to write your own task that would parse the output of
> cvs status and determine whether or not the files need to be compiled.  This
> is quite expensive time wise.

I think that is what I have already. The CruiseControl project has a
custom ANT task called <modificationset> that tests the file versions
(based on the version control system used) and will stop the build, if
there are no changes. CruiseControl uses this to allow you to setup what
they call Continuous Integration.

When I use this custom task, per the docs, it looks like it cannot get
the
"lastGoodBuildTime" attribute and then always fails the build, even if I
change files.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone is using CruiseControl or CVS with Ant
and has overcome these problems...

PCM (Paul Michali)

Carrier Voice Gateway Business Unit (CVGBU)
Cisco Systems, Inc.
250 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824

Phone : (800) 572-6771 x 45817  (978) 244-5817 [direct]
Paging: (800) 365-4578 [voice]  pcm@epage.cisco.com [email page]