ant-user mailing list archives

From "Frank E. Weiss" <fra...@well.com>
Subject Re: Delete task
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:58:57 GMT
I'm wondering if there has been any dicussion of using the DOM as a model for
filesets? In which case XPath or some variant could be used instead of ant's
proprietary fileset syntax. Example: "xx//yy" instead of "xx/**/yy", meaning "all
yy descendants of xx". The DOM and virtually every file system is based on a tree
model. Node references could model symbolic links. And attribute nodes in the DOM
could be used to model file and directory attributes. Example: "*[@type='file' and
@read-only!='true']"  meaning "all files that are not read only". The entire file
system structure would NOT have to be loaded into memory, as the DOM specifies an
interface, not a storage structure.