ant-user mailing list archives

From Phil Surette <philsure...@home.com>
Subject Re: VAJAntTool
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 05:24:44 GMT
Probably the VAJAntTool is emulating the behaviour of the
AntRunner (a JBuilder plugin). Ant seems to be moving towards
a convention that targets with descriptions are 'public' and
others are internal targets which chould not typically be
called from the command line. AntRunner, as of 0.8, allows you to
display only targets with descriptions, which was a lifesaver
for me because once my build file got reasonably large there
were way too many targets in the dropdown.

So I would say the VAJTool behaviour is a feature, but one
that you should be able to disable.