ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Adelöw <Johan.Adel...@corustechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Oracle OCI JDBC usage
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:05:45 GMT
I?ve encountered the same problems with the thin driver when I stated
classpath to the driver in each task I got a new loaded class for each sql
task call which resulted in a out of memmory error in the end. I had to set
classes12.zip in the classpath before starting ant to avoid the problem.
Another thing about this is that it was working with jdk1.2.2 but when I
changed to jdk1.3.1 I had to make this change.
So I?m also interested if there?s another way to solve this.

/Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alban Peignier [mailto:alban.peignier@free.fr]
Sent: den 30 oktober 2001 18:30
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Oracle OCI JDBC usage

Hi,

We are trying to use the sqlexec Ant task with the Oracle OCI JDBC
Driver. We have two problems :

- two consecutive sqlexec calls are executed into two separate
ClassLoaders. The OCI JDBC Driver is loaded twice ... and the native
library too :( Resulting in a exception at the second call since the
native library can't be reloaded .

- We can set the java.library.path into a Ant build file and thus we
have to set it the LD_LIBRARY_PATH before executing Ant ...

Did anybody resolve these problems ? (without using the Thin JDBC Driver :)

Banban & FX