ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I cause <javac> to fail on jikes warnings?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:38:15 GMT
--- Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
> > But maybe we've simply reached the point to introduce
> >
> > <javac additionalArgs="..." />
>
> I think this capability should probably be there but it does have some
> problems. Such a build file will fail with a different compiler since
> the compiler adapter cannot know whether the arg applies to its
> particular compiler (unless it is really smart about it).
>
> It seems a balance between a mega-interface and non-portable build
> files. Thoughts about where that balance lies?

How about a nested <flags> element that takes a "compiler" and "args"
attribute, and only uses those that are for the compiler currently being
used? For example:

  <flags compiler="jikes" args="+Z"/>
  <flags compiler="modern" args="-g:lines"/>

Either that, or I could see people specifying the value of the
"additionalArgs" attribute as a property (probably use <condition> to test
${build.compiler} and set [a default value for] the property for
"additionalArgs" accordingly).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)