ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Identify which classes were created from a Java task?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:00:22 GMT
--- Les Hughes <leslie.hughes@rubus.com> wrote:
> Perforce supports labels and "what changed" kinds of queries - others
> may be able to help out depending on your SCM.

The problem with that approach is that Java can end up with more class
files than source files, so just having a list of which source files
changed (or even which files were handed off to the compiler) wouldn't
necessarily give you a list of all the build-output files you'd need to
pick up. I think the "find -newer" approach is probably your best bet (the
only other approaches I could think of were far more inelegant than that
one, which is why I didn't offer any of them :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)