ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to manage without rules
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:53:44 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:04, T Master wrote:
> What is wrong with using antcall?  I make a generic target, and pass in the
> paremeters to use.
> It does the job with use similar to method calling in Java.

The problem is that you invariable start need functionality like recursive
proeprty resolution and besides it makes your ant files hard to follow at
times. See a message titled "Re: Question about properties and ant2" by me
around Sept 14th for more explanation.

--
Cheers,

Pete

 "Remember, your body is a temple; however, it's also your
 dancehall and bowling alley"   -- Dharma Montgomery