ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to manage without rules
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:18:07 GMT
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:43, WATKINS, Andy, FM wrote:
> In make you have rules, not so in ant

yet ... hopefully Ant will have notion of rules in future ;)

However there is no real easy way of doing it currently. The best way may be
to use <antcall> to call the target and pass in the specific parameters you
want to use.

> I have a target as follows
>
>   <target name="project1_test" depends="">
>     <junit printsummary="no" haltonfailure="yes" fork="yes"
> timeout="60000"> <jvmarg value="-Dlog.dir=project1" />
>
>       <classpath>
>         <path refid="localclasses"/>
>         <path refid="classpath"/>
>       </classpath>
>
>       <formatter usefile="false" type="plain" />
>
>       <batchtest fork="yes">
>         <fileset dir="${rbsfm}/project1/classes"
> includes="**/*$$Test.class" />
>       </batchtest>
>     </junit>
>     <echo message="Common tests completed OK" />
>   </target>
>

> The problem is that I have 10 different projects, that all need this
> sort of target, but with different directories.
>
> In make, I would have a target called "*.test" and use $@ to pull out the
> value

>       Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
> As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information,
> if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorised to
> retain, read, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.

Cheers,

Pete

For every complex problem there is a solution that
is simple, neat and wrong