ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Dribin <dave...@dribin.org>
Subject JUnit plain formatter suggestion
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:54:44 GMT
Hello,

I have a suggestion for the JUnit plain formatter.  Instead of just
printing the test name (i.e. method name), print the whole class as
well.  I have some test classes that have the same method name
(i.e. testEquals()).  When looking at the log, it is impossible to
tell which one is which, e.g.:

Testcase: testEquals took 0.001 sec
Testcase: testEquals took 0.001 sec

The problem gets worse when a hierarchy of test cases is used.

I hacked up PlainJUnitResultFormatter.java to print the FQCN in
parenthesis, like this:

Testcase: testEquals (com.package1.TestClassOne) took 0.001 sec
Testcase: testEquals (com.package2.TestClassTwo) took 0.001 sec

This is similar to how the JUnit Swing GUI works.  Could this be made
the default behaviour?

-Dave