ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WebLogic DDInit Task
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:39:29 GMT
Be careful about ant and Weblogic 6.1 running on Windows NT/2000.
Weblogic 6.1 uses a modified ant batch file that will not allow spaces
in properties.
i.e.

ant -Dtest="This is a test"

This will not work, but will work with the old ant batch file.
If you look at the old batch file it has the following:

------------------------------------
:winNTStart
<snip>

rem On NT/2K grab all arguments at once
set ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=%*
goto doneStart

:win9xStart
rem Slurp the command line arguments.  This loop allows for an
unlimited number of
rem agruments (up to the command line limit, anyway).

set ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=

:setupArgs
if %1a==a goto doneStart
set ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=%ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS% %1
shift
goto setupArgs

:doneStart

The Weblogic ant file (c:\bea\wlserver6.1\bin\ant.bat) is set up to use
the Win9xStart way of setting up the arguments (building a list).  If
you want spaces,  you will have to change this to the WinNT way of
setting up arguments (grab all at once).

Hope this helps,
James Bullington

--- Herry Koh <herrykoh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sorry, typo error, it will actually generate XML deployment
> descriptors, not Ant tasks :), apologies, maybe I was too excited
> when typing.
>
> Cheers
> Herry.
>
> On 5 Oct 2001, at 22:51, Herry Koh wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I've just installed WebLogic 6.1 on my machine, and to my
> > pleasent surprise, I found that Weblogic actually has an Ant task (
>
> > which I assumed was coded by BEA) that will automatically
> > generate Ant task called 'DDInit'. Unfortunately, the example given
>
> > only teaches me how to run the task directly from command-line,
> > i.e.
> > java weblogic.ant.taskdefs.ear.DDInit <directory name>
> >
> > Does anybody know the various constructs of this DDInit task, like
> > what kind of attributes and nested elements it takes in if I want
> > run this from an Ant build file?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Herry

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)