ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <>
Subject Re: WebLogic DDInit Task
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:39:29 GMT
Be careful about ant and Weblogic 6.1 running on Windows NT/2000.
Weblogic 6.1 uses a modified ant batch file that will not allow spaces
in properties.

ant -Dtest="This is a test"

This will not work, but will work with the old ant batch file.
If you look at the old batch file it has the following:

rem On NT/2K grab all arguments at once
goto doneStart

rem Slurp the command line arguments.  This loop allows for an
unlimited number of
rem agruments (up to the command line limit, anyway).

if %1a==a goto doneStart
goto setupArgs

The Weblogic ant file (c:\bea\wlserver6.1\bin\ant.bat) is set up to use
the Win9xStart way of setting up the arguments (building a list).  If
you want spaces,  you will have to change this to the WinNT way of
setting up arguments (grab all at once).

Hope this helps,
James Bullington